On 05/05/10 15:12, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 5 May 2010 15:08, John Matthews<jake...@sky.com>  wrote:
>
>> well, I really have no clue why this should be happening, but it wont
>> allow me to go into any covery more, it just as soon as you click on the
>> grub, it goes whoosh, like lots of frying and freezes. That didnt happen
>> before.
>>

> That's unfortunate. Is there any text on the screen during recovery
> boot? Anything flying up the screen? If so, what's the last 3 lines on
> the screen at the point it hangs?

There is nothing on the screen. Once you click into the recovery part
from the grub, at the top of the page is like a line, dar blue, then
pale blue that sort of makes it look like a bar code, then another dar
line. Then the rest of the page is dark blue. Does move from there.
>> Is there anything else I can do?
>>

> Of course, there's always plenty that _could_ be done, its just that
> we need to figure out the starting point first.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Up till I first entered that sudo update-grub, I could get into the
recovery bit, I tried. The upgrade was working till then.

John

--
Ubuntu User #30817