On 7 August 2010 08:54, Anton Piatek <an...@piatek.co.uk> wrote:
> For the record, on my android phone I cache choose to quote the entire
> message, or none of it. I get no choice about top posting. If you happen to
> know who in Google wrote this great....

Well, then there is a solution.. quote none and site what you're
replying to in your reply.

In other words, instead of

">> I think we're getting confused here - Fred is asking about
Javascript, not Java?
> is he?
Yes, I am!!"

Fred simply says "As Bob said, I'm asking about Javascript not Java"

Just as good....

Not an excuse to top post... and, as you say, perhaps we do need to
take this up with Google.   Shall we do that en-masse or shall I make
it my "task of the day"?

Sean