On Saturday 07 Aug 2010 09:15:47 Sean Miller wrote:
> And we have yet to get the opinions of a large percentage of the group.

I don't see the point of getting a large discussion going, and I certainly
don't see this as a vote. When topics like this come up, it is unfortunate
that the mailing list is not, as is the rest of Ubuntu, a benevolent
dictatorship.

This topic is one of a list of topics that [a] will never be resolved, and [b]
is doomed to be continually brought up. We used to call this "netiquette", but
that very antiquated idea is, well, dead. Squashed under the weight of
millions of people who got online faster than people like yourself could
educate them. Topics like this are the undead remains of such lofty ideas.

You cannot change the world. You can change yourself. You'll be happier if you
just deal with the fact that some people prefer to top post, and won't change.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"The belief in immortality has always seemed cowardly to me. When very
young I learned that all things die, and all that we wish of good must