Thanks everybody. I was thinking of adding some more RAM, to make it faster.

I will give it a try with the 64 bit.

Thanks again.

On 07/04/2011 13:28, Steve Flynn wrote:
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 1:18 PM, scoundrel50a<scoundrel...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi, for now, instead of getting a Slate, I found a computer, that will be
better for what I need at the moment.

The specs are:-

Acer Aspire 5736Z
Pentium Dual Core CPU
T4500 @ 2.30 GHz
RAM 3.00 GB
64 bit
Windows 7 Premium
I want to install Ubuntu, but i'm a bit concerned about the fact its 64bit,
and having read a few peoples problems when trying to install. Just wondered
would there be any problems with the installation with this computer?
Processors have been 64 bit for quite some time now! Don't worry -
that won't cause you a problem.

With this machine, unless you're planning on upgrading the RAM in the
future, you can jsut install the 32 bit Kernel and you won't see any
differrence.