I can send google+ invites to anyone, just need a gmail address or
hotmail/yahoo that has a google account associated.

Not a fan of Diaspora*, simply because im not a fan of the multiple urls
called seeds like diasp.org, joindiaspora, diaspora.eu etc. if i join a
network, i want my id to be unique. anyone can create a diasp.domain etc
with my name and claim to be me. Its a pet peeve of mine.

*Dino Tassigiannis BA (Hons)*

<http://www.ubuntu.com/>