On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Jim Price <d1vers...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a supplier of Ubuntu laptops who would accept payment by
> cheque? I'm told eBuyer don't for this one:

I don't mean to derail the conversation, but if you are paying by
cheque, is this because you do not have a debit card for your bank
account from which you are drawing the cheque?  Have you considered
using a prepaid debit card instead?  I'd say most if not all online
stores will not accept cheques as payment these days due to the long
turnaround time and stronger possibility of payment failure
(debit/credit cards give a virtually immediate payment verification
response to the supplier).

-n