I have decided to ask Facebook for Saturday's lottery number as it is obviously psychic. I have been dealing with a roofer who lives 100 miles away. He did some work for my Nana who is no longer up to the task of negotiating when things go wrong.

I have contacted him by phone, I have emailed him from a domain I own. I have a Ubuntu phone and access my email through Thunderbird on my Ubuntu laptop. So in theory everything is quite open and transparent.

So quite how did Facebook get the idea to suggest a man who lives 100 miles away whom I have only ever met once as a possible friend? I am baffled as to when they managed to spy on me.