Facebook use some quite sophisticated methods of tracking like Audio
Context and HTML Canvas, and they reach a lot further than just their site.
If you had logged into Facebook at some point on your Ubuntu phone, and you
sent an email via a web based email service which had a Facebook tracker in
they can link your activity.
Simply blocking 3rd party cookies does nothing to stop them.

Heres a lengthy, paper on the topic:
https://webtransparency.cs.princeton.edu/webcensus/index.html

I've put a few other links from my site:
http://quidsup.net/notrack/tracking.php

Sorry I didn't mean to use this as a platform to hock a FOSS program, but
I've really taken an interest in trying to prevent web trackers.
Its a huge whack-a-mole game to find all sites dedicatated to tracking, so
far I have a list of over 10,000 domains.

Ivan