Alan, Barry, or anybody who can help with an upgrade problem. I f the helper need to take over my computer to resolve, I'm happy with that.

The update14.04-16-04, was writing updated files when it stopped, a restart just defaults to login and login to the terminal command prompt. The help option delivers a screen full, I do not know if one of the options will help.

64bit dual boot with MS Windows 7. I do have a 14.10 32bit disc if that might help but am worried about loosing things.

Any offers of help appreciated. Tks, Michael