charlie writes:
> hey guys! it's me once again and this time I'm reporting on one of my other
> Ubuntu projects. This one's my very own recording studio.

Nice! I don't know anything about recording, but have you looked at
Carla Schroder's various writings? When she wrote "The Book of
Audacity" her main focus was a Linux-based home recording studio,
and she's written some other articles here and there on the subject.
That was a while ago, so things might have changed, but she might
have some useful tips, and if Audacity hasn't changed too much in
that time, the book might be worth a look.

        ...Akkana