On 01/05/2014 12:11 PM, Christopher M. Penalver wrote:
> sTiVo, this bug was reported a while ago and there hasn't been any
> activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an issue? If
> so, could you please test for this with the latest development release
> of Ubuntu? ISO images are available from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com
> /daily-live/current/ .
>
> If it remains an issue, could you please run the following command in
> the development release from a Terminal
> (Applications->Accessories->Terminal), as it will automatically gather
> and attach updated debug information to this report:
>
> apport-collect -p xorg REPLACE-WITH-BUG-NUMBER
>
> Thank you for your understanding.
>
> Helpful bug reporting tips:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs
>
> ** Tags added: bios-outdated-1.0.18
>
> ** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)
>
> ** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

Yes, it's still an issue.  I am basically forced to run Xubuntu rather
than Ubuntu.

I don't mind trying the latest development release if you think there
has been work there to fix this problem, which I think was basically due
to a video card that is not supported by Ubuntu.  But I don't want to
waste my time if you are not aware of such a fix.

Which is it?

Steve Cohen

  Extreme slowness whenever unity components are accessed