As for the xfsettingsd crash, I noticed that with current master I was no
longer experiencing the crashes. So I did some GIT bisecting, and it turns out
that I can reproduce the crash with:
http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/commit/?id=5a7f55a049147320adb8e2dc8495d6f868c4d6ac

But I get no more crashes with:
http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/commit/?id=404d982f2936a58649423642956be563982b2ffa

It seems to me that Olivier has inadvertently fixed this issue... Just
to confirm, I do NOT get xfsettingsd crashes when using master and my
usual test case. As far as my setup is concerned, this issue is fixed.

=====
So what remains to be addressed is the disabled `Mirror displays` option
introduced in 835671ad8db9bcaed4ec3d53753b7f9a8b4610a7. Should I open a
separate ticket on this issue?

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Xfce resets TV mode to NULL when power cycled