@Steve
I guess that Olivier, Alexander or Sean are more suitable to tackle this than
me, all I did was to give some instructions and update the patch, so don't
expect a patch from me any sooner.
I use a 27" display and 19" in extended mode(configured via NVidia Settings)
and everything works smoothly, but as soon as possible, I'll give it a go(with
and without patches) and see what happens while switching, plugging and
unplugging them.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Xfce resets TV mode to NULL when power cycled