peterzay:
>"I have never heard of nouveau and have no idea what or who they are."

nouveau is the open source graphics driver for nvidia cards.

>"I surmise that Ubuntu has an outsourcing relationship with them."

It's a community relationship of upstream (nouveau developers) and downstream
(Ubuntu developers).

>"As an end user, it is not for me to deal with all your third parties."

Actually, as you are the original reporter and have the hardware, you
are the best person to report a bug to upstream, as it directly impacts
you.

>"May I suggest you deal directly with them? Thanks."

Unfortunately, as I don't have the hardware, I'm not able to do as
requested of you in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-
xorg-video-nouveau/+bug/1313158/comments/37 . Frankly, I'm not sure why
you haven't done it already as it's easier to do then all the other
stuff you've already done.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  10de:1049 Graphics lag and jerk with nouveau