Let us recap.

I update to the Vivid enablement stack and get the error in comment 34.

The next day, during a system update, I get the same error (comment 43).

These errors are new to this install of 14.04.

The update process pushes not 1 but 2 Linux kernels (comment 43).  Each
has substantial info (many dozens of MB).

These are not the hallmarks of a stable OS.

What part of the above do you not take seriously?

Actually, 14.04 has been unstable for months.  I keep getting system
program errors as in comment 32.  I always report them even though many
are repetitive.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  10de:1049 Graphics lag and jerk with nouveau