Good news everyone!

I have been trying the kernel with amd-staging provided by
nukedathlonman and it totally works! The system boots up to a completely
functional environment at full-resolution. I've also tried Team Fortress
2 and Rocket League and it's pretty damn close to Windows performance,
so you can pretty much ditch Windows away now if you want to. I'm so
happy! I've been testing with Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 on a HP Pavilion
17-g133cl notebook. Hopefully, for Ubuntu 17.10 all fixes will be pushed
to stable :) Yey!

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu in Ubuntu.

  [HP Pavilion 15] Intermittent black screens