That was it Jay Flory! I too had a different version of gcc in my 16.04
installation (an upgrade I got from the ubuntu-toolchain-r ppa, which I
used in order to test something with gcc-7).

I use Timeshift, so I was able to go back to before adding the ppa.
Upgrading normally from that point, while using the gcc that came from
the official repos (gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.9) 5.4.0 20160609)
I did not have any problems any more: everything loaded happily with

Thanks :)

which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  4.4.0-116 Kernel update on 2/21 breaks Nvidia drivers (on 14.04 and

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :