Hi

Yes I have puzzled through this and read a lot of material and code but
have not quite found this answer.

With 20070130-dist 2.4.32 and uClib on a Coldfire m5235 board with some
special kernel/driver modules for LEDs etc.

For the ram between __initcall_start and end to populate with the calls to
the devices with the *__initcall Macro's to load into the ram section.

1) does one have to put the module in a special place? (I suspect not)

2) It is obvious that the MTD driver is one of these and I have not quite
found where the directive to ld is for it in the scripts.  Perhaps it is
enough for it to just compile and link and *__initcall does the rest?

3) If not where is the piece of script? that gathers all of these.

4) Is it better simply to add a call to initialize the module in a similar
fashion to the timers in main.c.

What do other people do for these cases? Anyway the printk's in what I
presume is a correctly formulated module do not announce themselves as
MTD's do.

Thanks Ahead of time!

Cheers John