HI John,

A simple way to do this is to use the "module_init" macro

static int __init my_init_stuff(void)
{
        return 0;
}

module_init(my_init_stuff);

You can see all the init calls as they happen
using the initcall_debug command line option

root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw initcall_debug=1 ...

Or by setting the variable ( just as a test)

initcall_debug to 1 in

init/main.c

Regards
  Phil Wilshire