Hi,

of course you can add your own entry, you just need to know the erase
sectors of your flash. The preferred way is to use CFI, if your flash
supports that, however. I think that the missing jedec_probe entry isn't
the real problem in your case, since the manufacturer/device id from
your log do not sound reasonable. If you are using 16-bit mode only, you
can disable 1-byte and 4-byte access in the kernel configuration, that
will avoid some unnecessary probing.

I couldn't find your flash on the SST site, there's a SST39VF3201B
only??

-Erwin