On Wednesday 06 June 2012 9:04:09 pm Greg Ungerer wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> On 06/06/12 02:48, Steven King wrote:
> > Add basic support for the m5253demo using the dm9000 ethernet controller.
>
> Is the m5253demo a real board?
> Or do you mean Freescale's M5253EVB board?
>
> If it is really the m5235evb then we should use that name for its files.
>
> And generally for a common denominator like the m5253evb I have just
> used the basic m5253.c as the base board support. A good portion of
> people use the same basic layout, you end up with a lot of boards
> that have the same (or similar) peripheral components hooked up in
> the same way. Those that are really different can have their own board
> files.

No the m5253demo is a real board:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=M5253DEMO
distinct from the m5253evb:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=M5253EVB

like most of the freescale 'demo' boards, smaller, cheaper, and a different
peripheral set;  I dont think the evb has the wm8731 but does has a tft
display connector and a keypad, the m5253demo has more ram?... really they
are quite different.