On Monday 11 June 2012 10:46:34 am Wolfram Sang wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 07:10:35PM -0700, Steven King wrote:
> > D'oh!  I really dropped the ball on this, but I figure better late than
> > never ;-).
>
> Thank you for this! Yet, I just noticed that the register layout is the
> same as in i2c-imx.c. Not surprisingly, since both platforms share the
> roots. Have you checked if you can use the imx-driver as well?

While they are physically similar, just as the mpc and the imx are physically
similar, the imx driver has a lot of imx'isms, device tree and OF
dependencies that aren't supported by the m68k/nommu.  I would expect the
changes needed tantamount to having separate drivers.  Plus I have no way of
testing what impact any changes I made had on the imx functionality, so I
expect I would end up mostly just annoying the imx developers.