Hi Waldemar,

On 16/08/16 03:21, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
Hi Greg,
Greg Ungerer wrote,
Hi Waldemar,

On this specific issue of simple flat binaries not working on m68k.
This fixes the issue:

  http://marc.info/?l=linux-m68k&m=146976701216533&w=2

I can run your hello binary now with no problems after this is
applied.

Thanks for fixing this Bug!
It works for 4.6.5 for me.

That fix is in Linus' tree now, as of 4.8-rc2.
So it will be in linux-4.8 when released.

In Buildroot are some build failures like:
http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/1ec/1ec691746b5196e9fd6779c22ef2ca4600349fb4/

Which seems to be a limitation of mcf520x. When I disable msep-data
pcre can be compiled.

Not sure, perhaps it is exceeding the maximum entries of the GOT.

Is it possible to have a mixup of sep-data and one memory region
binaries on the same system?

Oh yeah, that is no problem. The binfmt_flat loader does
the right things no matter which type was used to compile
the application.

Regards
Greg