On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Arturo wrote:
> Hello Gary !
>
> Thanks for your answer.  Now it raises a new question.  Suppose that I
> have installed pdftotext, deroff and catdoc.  If I want to index a PDF
> file, for instance, I must first transform it using 'pdftotext' and then
> indexing this new file or directly 'indexer' carry on this goal ? ... I
> mean, call automatically the 'pdftotext' parser and index the file ?.  If
> so, it does the samething with deroff and catdoc ?
>
> If this task is not currently done by 'indexer' it would be possible to
> automate this process ?
>
> Thanks for your help ... Arturo

You need to add the correct information to the configuration file in the
Mime section; the sample config file has instructions. Then the text will
be automagically extracted and fed to indexer.

--
David Robley                        | WEBMASTER & Mail List Admin
RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES  | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/