Caffeinate The World skrev:

> i'll wait. for now, i'm indexing but running splitter when the files
> are around 2MB.

I've been running indexer -c 3600 since last night, producing
log files of 5-10 MB and running splitter every time afterwards,
with cleaning of var/splitter and all. So far no problems at all.
I have a hunch that the problem is to splitting multiple big
files in one go.

A friend offered to lend me some memory. If I can get my ass
over there and fetch it, I'll try a huge splitting first with
my standard 128 MB RAM and then with 1 GB RAM. If there is any
difference in the behaviour of splitter, it will be a good
indication of where to look for the problem.

oracle@everywhere: The ephemeral source of the eternal truth...