Author: Wendibus
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
Hi,

thanks for your replys. 1st of all:
There went something wrong with this board because I was waiting on a reply and did
not received any email although I have used the checkbox ... well after all I have
read it. But I'm sorry to write that I had not had any advance in the mean time. The
page is still empty. The actual code is:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

>The empty page you get when you try from the web, does it
>say "An error occured"?

So there is no error message. When I go to the search.cgi dir and call search.cgi via
ssh I still receive a quite good looking HTML-Code on the stdout...

> First of all, did indexing go OK? Did your database grow
> as it should? If yes, check this:
Indexing looks fine to me. I use phpMyAdmin and there are many, many tables and a lot
of entries. And indexere runs without an error message.

> - Have you renamed search.htm-dist to search.htm?
I have done so. When I remove or rename it and call search.cgi via the ssh I get an
error message. So I have changed it on the right place ...

> - Have you put the right DBAddr and user:password, DBMode
> etc in search.htm? Do all settings in search.htm match
> the equivalent settings in indexer.conf?
I have used the same database entry as I did in indexer.conf:

DBAddr mysql://user:password@server/database/
# Choose storage mode (see explanation in indexer.conf-dist):
DBMode single

> - Have you set permissions correctly for search.htm?
search.htm is set to 600

> - Are you using search results cache? Did you try without?
I do not know how to set or unset this in search.htm

> - Are you tracking queries? Did you try not to?
I do not know how to set or unset this in search.htm

> - Are you using ispell? Did you try without?
I do not know how to set or unset this in search.htm but I have put comments in front
of it in indexer.pl

So if you do have another idea how to solve my problems I would be glad.... Thanks
alot

Reply: <http://search.mnogo.ru/board/message.php?id=1336>