Hello,

The following syllabus information is received from the school:

XI Std.

June July

An Introduction to Computers Volume 1
Number Systems
An Introduction to Windows
Windows Explorer, computers, Communications

August

Internet

September

HTML - An Introduction to html - some more tags, Beyond the basics I & II,
Developing Webpages

October

Flow Charts Volume II
Elements of C Language
Simple C programs
Control Structures

November

Loop Structures

December

Arrays and Structures
Functions, Library Functions

January

Files

Standard XII

June

Star Office Writer
Text Formatting
Spell Check & Corrections
Working With Tables

July

Page Formatting
Spread Sheet
Database

August

Mutlimedia Introduction
Star Office Impress
Object Oriented Concepts using C+
Overview of C+

September

Basic Statements
Functions

October

Structured Data types -Arrays
Classes and Objects
Polymorphisms

November

Constuctors and Destructors
Inherittance
Impact of Computers on Society

December

IT enabled Services
Comptuer Ethics

This is for Standards XI and XII. From next academic year onwards, Std VI
onwards will have subjects like Visual Basic, Java and additional subjects.

At a later stage Open Solaris can work with the authorities to rationalize
the syllabus and suggest an improved syllabus, but for now, how do I say
that Solaris is better for this syllabus ?

How would students learn Microsoft Windows on a Solaris machine ?

Thank you
Sivasubramanian.