Mulindwa:

I would not begin celebrating yet. This international exploitation business is very complex. Talisman could have created a company in the Cayman Islands to buy its own shares. My view is this: where there is big money, there are always snakes in the grass. Our biggest problem in Africa, is not being able to quickly detect where the money is coming from. Believe it or not, South African companies In the Apateid SA) were investing and drawing profits from all African countries, including those that were dead set against racial segregation.

Having said the above, I will agree with you, the symbolic gesture is a win for the suffering people in southern Sudan.

Tf

From: "Mulindwa Edward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: ugnet_: AFRICANS I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:49:01 -0500

Netters
Good evening, I am so excited for we have some good news to post. You see net should not only be a place to post bad news.
Guess what, the biggest Canadian drilling company that has been feeding on the Sudanese population, Talisman Energy, has left Sudan with immediate effect. The information I got some 28 minutes ago is that talisman has decided to sell all her properties in Sudan and leaving.
Now let us go back a little bit. Those of you in Canada will remember that talisman has been the major Canadian company we believe is pumping money to the Khartoum government on the backs of our African families. The pressure has worked and they are gone. This is exactly what we have been talking about in our postings. We have dictatorial governments with dictatorial leaders but as Africans we want to fight them when the West is not funding them. That is why I have always called for a full embargo on African minerals for 5 years.

This information has just popped in, so we do not know who has bought Talisman's interests in Sudan, but we know for sure that it is not an American or European company, and I can assure the one who has bought this company that the war is only beginning., We are tired of seeing our African kids dying when the stocks in Western countries are going up. Do it any where but in Canada we will continue to yell.

I must not forget those who have cried day and night to see that talisman gets out of Sudan. Dan kashagama's name must pop in and all those in Western Canada. It is a job well done. But remember Sudan ain't free yet but this is a step in a right direction.
Em
The Mulindwas communication group

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp