Netters,

Recently, this forum flashed the irking news from Bukedde dated 16/11/2002 of the four female students of Nansana St. Joseph SS having been thrown out of their senior four exams by a cruel headmaster due to a balance of schoolf fees amounting to Shs 35,000.  A combined effort and co-ordination was made to swiftly offer assistance to the affected girls even though the risk of them having missed the exams was known.

Much as it would appear to be a small event,however, the moral purpose here was to counter the abandonment of the students by a hostile headmaster. In North America, Europe, Japan, Australia etc..they have long come to terms to make sacrifices for the future generations. The injustice done to the Nansana students inspired Mr. Mulindwa, the Bukedde newspaper, Lisa Toro and myself to thrive to make a point that any Ugandan child must be entitled to justice and a right to a secure future. 

On 18th November 2002, I took contact with Bukedde and was linked to Mr. James Walugembe, the news editor who was pleased to associate himself with this effort. The rapid consultations between Mr. Walugember, Mr. Mulindwa, Lisa Toro and myself resulted in a quick action of a good samaritan by Mr. Mulindwa who ensured that a sum of Shs, 60,000 was immediately availed to Bukedde in Uganda.

Based on the understanding that the young students needed a total of shs 35000, the excess balance had therefore to be shared equally amongst them.

Consequently, this is to confirm as per e-mail below from Mr. Walugembe (plus photos) that the mission was successfully accomplished. To Mr. James Walugembe of Bukedde, Mr. Mulindwa, Madam Lisa Toro and all concerned minds, I pay my most heartily tribute for this fruitful co-ordination and joining of efforts for a cause and concern for the good of the society.

Ladies and gentlemen of the net, in 1997 the United Nations established  Action for the Rights of Children (ARC) where it was clearly defined that children around the globe have a right to health care, education, food, shelter, clothing and protection. Yes, children face problems but it is the duty of the government to come to terms with any uncertainties that affect them and to make Uganda a safe place for all children.

As was the good educational culture of the past in Uganda, the duty of the said headmaster should have been that of a good shepherd that should have guided his flock ultimately to the best grazing and safety accross rivers plus all types of terrain. This Nansana headmaster whatever arguement he may have had in relation to the minimal balance of the fees, acted by showing a bad example and a cruel heart to a future generation. A good shepherd makes sacrifices for the good of his flock and neither abandons the flock nor leaves it to suffer trauma in the hour of need.

May God shower His blessings to Mr. Mulindwa, Mr. Walugembe, Lisa Toro and all concerned for the good deeds.

Below is a confirmation of mission accomplished by Mr.James Walugembe of Bukedde:-   

: "JAMES WALUGEMBE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
To: "Omar Kezimbira" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: PRIORITY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rejoinder)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:27:07 +0300

 
Dear brothers Kezimbira, Mulindwa and sister Lisa,
at last things have worked out. I've met all the kids parents and the kids themselves and given them the money. They were very appreciative.  I plan to run the story and if I do, I will let you know. I have attached two pictures which we took when they were receiving the tuition, and I will mail you the other two also when I am through with printing them. But this exercise proved expensive for me as I had to drive around looking for their homes because the headmaster of the school was so rude and he could not even tell me the names of the parents. When I reached my home I discussed this with my wife and she was glad that we made it, and I too, I am meeting that cost we happiness as my offer (role) in the exercise. Guys keep that heart up, and whenever there is anything going on I will appreciate to make me part of your network.
My God be with you all,
James Walugembe
----- Original Message -----
 
 

  Attachment
  

James_1.jpg
.jpg file, 2381x1861, 297k
    Scan with Norton AntiVirus
    Save to my Yahoo! Photos
    Download Without Scan


 
 



  Attachment
  

James_2.jpg
.jpg file, 2361x1911, 251k
    Scan with Norton AntiVirus
    Save to my Yahoo! Photos
    Download Without Scan

Happy weekend to all,
Omar Kezimbira



Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now

Reply via email to