In a message dated 3/6/2004 12:54:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Yaobang,

Buying Obote for what??  Obote can not function at his age!  He is of no use to any thinking Ugandan who is looking forward to the future.  The Kabaka will never be "bought"; he stays, president after president.  Who ever thinks so, is indeed misguided and misinformed, like Obote.  You can never ever buy a Kabaka.

Obote tried it once, when he offered money to the Ankole, Bunyoro, Tooro, and Busoga monarchies in order to ban them real good, but the Kabaka of Buganda refused and he was exiled.  Obote even wanted to chose who among the princes should take over after Kabaka Muteesa was exiled.  Wrong decision - Poor, stupid, Obote!

My advice to the anti-Kabaka camps is that, the monarchy of Buganda shall exist no matter what.  The monarchy has already proved resilient towards blows (Obote, Amin).  People, ya'll better use that energy of yours on something else and leave the Kabaka alone.  The Kabaka has us regular folks to back him up no matter what.  That is how strong an alliagence can be to our King(s), present and future.

Some politicians like Obote, Museveni might think that they are "buying" the Kabaka, but in reality they are to move out and our Prince (Kabaka) is to stay in.  A monarchy is a monarchy, unlike seasonal political leadership i.e Obote, Mu7.  Mr. Yaobang, come up with a better example of folks being 'bought' by cows or money.  I don't know why you people don't understand that Buganda and her Kabakaship are inseparatable.  "Buying" something that will never go away, that has always existed is a sick example of how some Ugandans will never get it.

Zakoomu R.
Zakoomu;
Now I really believe that you're really stupid or very childish or don't know what you are doing which again reflect my first  observation.
Read your posting and consider that not all readers on Ugandanet are Baganda then you will see why i think your are as indicated above.

oracha