UPC gets signatures

THE Uganda People’s congress (UPC) has started collecting signatures in western Uganda, writes Darious Magara.

A party member, Dr. Patrick Rubihayo, said they collected about 600 signatures in Kabale and more others in Kisoro, Bushenyi, Ntungamo and Rukungiri districts.

The party’s presidential policy commission chairman, Dr. James Rwanyarare, led the team that collected signatures in Rukungiri and Kanungu districts last week.

Several supporters in Kabale and Kisoro were dressed in party colours of red and blue.

They also held several meetings with party officials from Kampala.
A party supporter in Kabale, Jack Tusigiwire, said UPC would soon resurrect after 18 years.

“We are very strong. We are ready to give the NRMO a bloody nose, should we be allowed to participate in party politics,” he said.

Another supporter in Kabale, Wilkens Arinaitwe, said they had collected signatures from people believed to be from the NRMO.

Published on: Tuesday, 28th December, 2004

Gook

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar Get it now!