Now this is what I call crap at best.
 
Em
Toronto
 
 The Mulindwas Communication Group
"With Yoweri Museveni, Uganda is in anarchy"
            Groupe de communication Mulindwas
"avec Yoweri Museveni, l'Ouganda est dans l'anarchie"
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 3:44 AM
Subject: [rwandanet] Re: [rwanda-l] Question to Ngabo

Dear Sister Janet,
 

1. You said that Rwanda helped Kabila to overthrow Mobutu. Why then did he turn to support Interhamwe against Rwanda? What happened? ( Janet)

Sister Janet, I am not the right person to respond to this question. I was not with Kabila. I was in Kigali. If I respond to this question it will be just speculating because no one knows why Kabila betayed his companion than Kabila himself and his companions.

But let me speculate. One, Kabila wanted the leadership of DR Congo since 60's. He fought many wars, but everytime he failed to overthrown his oponents. When Museveni fought Amin's regime, young Rwandan refugees helped him. Museveni did the same and helped Rwandan overthrow Habyalimana's regime.

After Habyalimana was killed in 1994 and the genocide started in Rwanda, Kabila was not realy a known man in Rwanda. After RPA stoped the genocide, those who organized left Rwanda to DR Congo then Zaire. I remember well, a troop of thousands of Interahamwe and EX-FAR were stationed near Rwandan border in Goma and Rutsuru and Masisi. They were ready to came and continue their busness of killing those considered as their ennemies. At that time, the war against Mobutu, who himself suported them started. I think you have had about a certain Mayele, I think a General of Mobutu Army. Do you know why after he was released by RPA soldiers in Rwanda was killed by his own men in Kinshasa? Because he used to say that Interahamwe are not men to be supported. After his death, Mobutu gave his support to Interahamwe and they were ready to come back and complite the genocide. But "Imana y'i Rwanda" ( God of Rwanda, who is different to other God anyway) helped Rwandans. That is how Kabila was know for the first time. Rwandans helped him overthrow Mobutu, at the same time Rwandans was protecting their country against perpetrators of Genocide. Mobutu was then overthrown. When Kabila took power, helped by rwandans, he himself betroyed Rwandans by helping Interahamwe.

Why did he betrayed Rwandans? God forgive me , I don't know. But I think what he wanted was power over a great country and a rich country like DR Congo, then Zaire. In his mind ( I specullate) he thought that that great country need nothing from a small country and poor country like Rwanda. That is why even today we still have problem in the region. if Kabila did not support the interahamwe, the region could have been stabilized since a decade.

2. I am also aware that Museveni and Kagame were allies at some point. Why did they fall out?

Please Janet, about President Museveni and President Kagame and their friendship? I was at that time in the DR Congo, the then Zaire, I can't tell you how they were friends, unless what I read as well as you did. But what I beleive and can tell you right now is that the friendship among Ugandans and Rwandans will never be destoyed. Forgive me for this last question you asked me, I cannot go beyond what I know. I know for sure that President Museveni loves Rwandans as he loves his brothers and sisters. I am sure that Kagame loves Ugandans as he loves his brothers and sisters. About conflict existing between Museveni and Kagame, what I know you yourself know it, because as I follow news, you do the same.

God bless Rwanda

God bless Uganda

God bless Kenya

God bless DR Congo

God bless our Region

God bless Africa.

Europe and America have got their blessings, we need oh God ours too.( not selfish)

Ngabo

 



African Pride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey Ngabo

Sorry I did not attach the message related to the following question..but you seem to have good knowledge of this issue so let me ask you some rather redundant-lookin qns...

1. You said that Rwanda helped Kabila to overthrow Mobutu. Why then did he turn to support Interhamwe against Rwanda? What happened?

2. I am also aware that Museveni and Kagame were allies at some point. Why did they fall out?

The reason I am asking these questions is that I am trying to understand the complex dynamics of coup plotters and countries that assist them post-successive coups. For example now...Yoweri Museveni who has been helping Garang all along to fight the Northern Sudanese and now when Garang makes it to VP..eer...he is already being suspected of foul play in Garang death.

I hope my English makes sense. I have been having communication problems of late.

Regards

AfricanPride.

 


Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page


Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

© RWANDANET 2005

==============================================================================
Abatabizi bicwa no kutabimenya.

Nikozitambirwa.

==============================================================================
"L'homme, à mon avis, se perfectionne par la confiance. Par la confiance seulement. Jamais le contraire." (Mustafaj)
==============================================================================

Ne demandez pas de geste absolument gratuit. Psychologiquement, c'est irréalisable. Il y a au moins le plaisir de faire plaisir.




YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




_______________________________________________
Ugandanet mailing list
[email protected]
http://kym.net/mailman/listinfo/ugandanet
% UGANDANET is generously hosted by INFOCOM http://www.infocom.co.ug/

Reply via email to