*Masaka is a typical African name for the district that comprised of the
counties of Buddu, Mawogola, Kooki, Kabula and Ssese Islands. The name has
roots going back to time immemorial. I forget the exact origin.

When Mengo teamed up with imperialism to force the "Kabaka Yekka" nonsense
down our throats their chief propagandist in Masaka district was none other
than Daudi Ochieng.

He was a very charismatic man. This choice was very strategic.
It used to be pointed out to those who resisted KY: "If this man, an Acholi,
has seen the virtues of KY, what sort of Muganda are you to fail to do so?".

These are things I saw with my eyes.

Baganda progressive forces had to struggle both against the tween of the
Mengo/imperialist nexus, together with others from outside Buganda who now
had their personal fortune cast with Mengo.

Sorry to meander. Masaka the name has nothing to do with "massacre".

*