Starving North Koreans forced to eat their children
By News Express, www.newsexpressngr.com, on 28/01/2013
A starving man in North Korea has been executed after murdering his two
children for food, reports from inside the secretive state claim.
A hidden famine in the farming provinces of North and South Hwanghae is
believed to have killed up to 10,000 people and there are fears that
incidents of cannibalism have risen.
The grim story is just one to emerge as residents battle starvation after a
drought hit farms and shortages were compounded by party officials
confiscating food, says Britains Daily Mail.
Despite reports of the widespread famine, Kim Jong Un, 30, has spent vast
sums of money on two rocket launches in recent months.
Continuing, the paper reported: There are fears he is planning a nuclear
test in protest at a UN Security Council punishment for the recent rocket
launches and to counter what it sees as US hostility.
One informant was quoted as saying: In my village in May a man who killed
his own two children and tried to eat them was executed by a firing squad.
The informant said the father killed his eldest daughter while his wife was
away on business and then killed his son because he had witnessed the
murder.
When his wife returned the man told her they had meat but she became
suspicious and contacted officials who discovered part of the childrens
bodies.
Jiro Ishimaru, from Asia Press, which compiled a 12-page report, said:
Particularly shocking were the numerous testimonies that hit us about
cannibalism.
Undercover reporters said food was confiscated from the two provinces and
given to the residents of the capital Pyongyang.
A drought then left food supplies desperately short.
The Sunday Times also quoted an official of the ruling Korean Workers
party as saying: In a village in Chongdan county, a man who went mad with
hunger boiled his own child, ate his flesh and was arrested.
United Nations officials visited the area during a state-sponsored trip but
local reporters said it is unlikely they were shown the famine-hit areas.
It has not the first time that reports of cannibalism have come out of the
country.
In May last year, the South Korean state-run Korean Institute for National
Unification said that one man was executed after eating part of a colleague
and then trying to sell the remains as mutton.
One man killed and ate a girl and a third report of cannibalism was
recorded from 2011.
Another man was executed in May after murdering 11 people and selling the
bodies as pork.
There were also reports of cannibalism in the countrys network of prison
camps.
North Korea was hit by a terrible famine in the 1990s known as the
Arduous March which killed between 240,000 and 3.5 million people.
Photo: North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un.
Thé Mulindwas Communication Group
"With Yoweri Museveni and Dr. Kiiza Besigye Uganda is in anarchy"
Kuungana Mulindwa Mawasiliano Kikundi
"Pamoja na Yoweri Museveni na Dk. Kiiza Besigye Uganda ni katika machafuko"
<<image001.png>>
_______________________________________________ Ugandanet mailing list [email protected] http://kym.net/mailman/listinfo/ugandanet UGANDANET is generously hosted by INFOCOM http://www.infocom.co.ug/ All Archives can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ The above comments and data are owned by whoever posted them (including attachments if any). The List's Host is not responsible for them in any way. ---------------------------------------

