FBI was Concerned Comey Appeared to be Blackmailing Trump, Official Claims

*        by  <https://bongino.com/author/laurenm/> Team Bongino

*
<https://bongino.com/fbi-was-concerned-comey-appeared-to-be-blackmailing-tru
mp/> May 16, 2019

*

Former FBI general counsel James Baker said he and other officials were
concerned that disgraced former FBI director James Comey appeared to be
blackmailing then President-elect Trump during a 2017 meeting.

Fox News
<https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-officials-were-quite-worried-comey-app
eared-to-be-blackmailing-trump-with-dossier> reports that Baker appeared on
Yahoo News’ Skullduggery podcast on Tuesday where he said he and others were
“quite worried” about Comey briefing Trump on January 6, 2017 on the Steele
dossier and Russia collusion allegations. Baker claims “analogies” were made
to former FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover who is known for blackmailing his
foes.

“We were quite worried about the Hoover analogies, and we were determined
not to have such a disaster happen on our watch.”

Baker also discussed the discredited Steele dossier, claiming the FBI took
it “seriously.”

Fox
<https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-officials-were-quite-worried-comey-app
eared-to-be-blackmailing-trump-with-dossier> reports: Baker did not recall
the moment he first heard about the Steele dossier but remembered the bureau
taking it “seriously” and said that they were “obligated to deal with it”
and determine whether or not anything about it was true, but insisted they
didn’t accept it “as gospel.” He did, however, believe Trump had to be
briefed on the dossier because it was “about to be disclosed to the press.”

EM         -> { Trump for 2020 }

On the 49th Parallel

                 Thé Mulindwas Communication Group
"With Yoweri Museveni, Ssabassajja and Dr. Kiiza Besigye, Uganda is in
anarchy"
                    Kuungana Mulindwa Mawasiliano Kikundi
"Pamoja na Yoweri Museveni, Ssabassajja na Dk. Kiiza Besigye, Uganda ni
katika machafuko"