When I run the tae.exe and select the sample-workspace, I see an error
in the "Corpus Explorer" view:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.tae.ui.corpusview.CorpusExplorerView.createPartControl (CorpusExplorerView.java:91) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper (ViewReference.java:332) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart (ViewReference.java:197)

Also if I try to open one of the XCAS files I get:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.tae.editor.AnnotationDocumentProvider.setDocumentContent (AnnotationDocumentProvider.java:65) at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.StorageDocumentProvider.createDocument (StorageDocumentProvider.java:228) at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.FileDocumentProvider.createElementInfo (FileDocumentProvider.java:717)

I am not able to reproduce these exceptions. I have even downloaded the package from sourceforge. This occurs if something with the workspace is wrong. Maybe it helps to "refresh" the project in the
navigator view.

Which windows version do you use ?
Which JDK is installed ?

It should write out an exception to the console before these exceptions above are thrown.
Please send me this one, too.

Hope that helps,
Jörn