Adam Lally wrote:
I put up a Wiki page giving the suggested breakdown of methods between
the existing interfaces CommonCas, CAS, JCas and new interfaces
CommonCasView, CasView, and JCasView.  Please take a look:
http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/casandcasviewinterfaceredesign.html.

-Adam

I would propose the following changes:

- Leave createFeaturePath() and friends at the CAS. These methods require/return CAS-specific data structures and don't need to be accessible anywhere else.

- On CasView, remove getJCasView() and getLowLevelCasView(). Those should be accessed from the JCas and LowLevelCas, respectively.

- Similarly, on JCasView, remove getCasView() and getLowLevelCasView().

- On the JCas interface, can we remove some of the APIs and just make them available on the impl object? I'm thinking of things like putJfsFromCaddr(int, FeatureStructure) and getType(int).

--Thilo