I'm probably showing my ignorance here :-) but, leaving aside the
question of making core uima support annotators as osgi bundles, can you
say what the differences are between the uimaj-ep-runtime bundle we
build for eclipse, having all the core UIMA capability, and your goal
below of "making uimaj available as an OSGI bundle"?  My understanding
is that Eclipse plugins are osgi bundles, and we build these using the
Felix maven plugin, which wraps the standard OSGI bundle making code.

Thanks for the clarifications...

-Marshall