On Mon Mar 23, 2015 at 08:31:23PM +0000, Rich Lewis wrote:
> > As long as you're not taking the p*ss, we're reasonably tolerant.
>
> Define taking the p*ss. ;-) Would P2P and Usenet qualify? Or is it
> just volumes/peak rates that you're concerned with rather than what
> the traffic is or where it's going?

Put bluntly, your 95th percentile bandwidth usage needs to be low. Anything
over 1Mbps 95th percentile means you're costing us more than we charge... We
could charge more, but then we just get told that we're uncompetitive
compared to BT/Sky/Virgin who offer unlimited usage for pennies.

As long as it's 'legal', we don't really mind what the content is. Cause us
to get several copyright infringement notices, and we'll get annoyed.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart |   * Server Co-location * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |  * Domain & Web Hosting * Connectivity * Consultancy *