Would it be a false observation of LINX, LoNAP, AMiX and others of how
they have encouraged infrastructure locally around them as well as
through them?

I can see a lot of benefit in having IX locally where I can run tails to
and select transit / peering from.

Of course that might not fit the business model assumptions behind FTTc
or DOCSIS but those are so telco 1990s ;-)

Christian

Neil J. McRae wrote:
> Rod,
> I agree - but an IX isn't going to make that happen or even a datacentre -
> Finding skilled people who are technically literate will have a greater
> impact.
>
> Neil.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 24 Mar 2015, at 23:11, Rod Beck <rod.b...@hibernianetworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> The most important is to get technology companies to locate there. Quality
>> of life, last mile connectivity, affordable rents, quick access to London,
>> and tax advantages. Technology companes congregate together like any tribe.
>>
>> Roderick Beck
>> Sales Director/Europe and the Americas
>> Hibernia Networks
>> http://www.hibernianetworks.com
>> Budapest and New York
>> 36-30-859-5144
>> rod.b...@hibernianetworks.com
>>
>> _
>> This e-mail and any attachments thereto is intended only for use by the
>> addressee(s) named herein and may be proprietary and/or legally privileged.
>> If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
>> notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and
>> any attachments thereto, without the prior written permission of the sender
>> is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
>> immediately telephone or e-mail the sender and permanently delete the
>> original copy and any copy of this e-mail, and any printout thereof. All
>> documents, contracts or agreements referred or attached to this e-mail are
>> SUBJECT TO CONTRACT. The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may
>> contain software viruses that could damage your own computer system. While
>> Hibernia Networks has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this
>> risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage that you sustain as a result
>> of software viruses. You should carry
 out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

--
Christian de Larrinaga
FBCS, CITP, MCMA