On 30/11/2016 16:48, Pete Stevens wrote:
> However, viewing dangerous right wing material leading to overthrow of
> the government in a referendum (e.g. the Telegraph homepage) generated
> 215 ICRs when I just measured it with most web requests generating 50-100
> ICRs per pageview.

What were you taking to be the meaning of Internet Connection Record
when you did this calculation? Every TCP connection? Or only each TCP to
a different site (which would still include a bunch of different ICRs
per page, especially thanks to advertising, but I'm surprised if it is
as many as you say).

My understanding is that the government only want collection and storage
of the latter.

I appreciate that the practicality of applying that distinction may be
questionable, but that's another matter.

Malcolm.
--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           Monument Place, 24 Monument Street London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929