What were you taking to be the meaning of Internet Connection Record
when you did this calculation? Every TCP connection? Or only each TCP to
a different site (which would still include a bunch of different ICRs
per page, especially thanks to advertising, but I'm surprised if it is
as many as you say).

That was each http connection, so N requests creates N records in my log
but uses M tcp connections with M < N. I did
it browser side so I'd see all of them. At the network layer you might
see just one connection with many of the requests using the same
connection, but I think this all gets very hard once you have ten sites
sharing the same IP - which if you've seen our IPv6 only hosting
presentation - is likely to get more common for v4 only subscribers.

Either way, browsers use multiple tcp connections for performance so
you'll definitely see more than one per host.

Checking now, a single page request from the Telegraph uses 53 different
domains - so that might be a more appropriate lower bound with 100
probably a better guess.

Hope this helps.

Pete

--
Pete Stevens
p...@ex-parrot.com

The last time humans crossed space to a destination was the Apollo 17 mission
in 1972. In the 32 years since, no man has seen, with his own eyes, Earth as
that beautiful, solitary blue sphere, and - reality check - no woman has ever
                                                        seen it at all.
                                                       -- James Cameron