Hi everyone,

On 05-Apr-2018 16:46 CEST, <vins.vilapl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> imho, the main goal of a network operators forum/group is to glue "network
> people" together so they can solve issues, provide support and help each
> other. from this point of view, i don't consider unappropriated network
> related job offers.
>
> however, despite i agree the main list is not the right place for job
> offers, the truth is that i don't know any forum/list to "centralise"
> network related job offers in the uk.

Agreed, and my experience shows that using such mailing lists allows finding
the right people faster.

> since i don't see any reason NOT to
> have a uknof-jobs list, i'd strongly suggest to create it and limit it to
> job offers, not commercial advertisements.
>
> ideally, it would be lovely to have it under uknof, but if not possible, i
> propose to create it under a different domain. if necessary, i volunteer to
> put the servers and maintain it.

FRnOG is dealing with such requests with Sympa's "Tags",
e.g. the generic email address for the mailing list is fr...@frnog.org, but if
you want to post a job, this will be frnog-j...@frnog.org
The subject of the email will then be change to "[JOBS]", allowing you to
configure your emails filters accordingly.

The page http://sympa.frnog.org/wss/info/frnog/ explains this in details:

"In order to help categorize e-mails it is now mandatory to tag the Subject
depending on the content of your message.

Here is the rule you have to follow for posting to this mailing-list:
  |  Topic of your e-mail |     Tag to use OR       Recipient to use |
  |     Alert or Incident |       [ALERT]  ||  frnog-al...@frnog.org |
  | @ Internet or in a DC |                ||                        |
  |----------------------------------------||------------------------|
  |  Technical discussion |        [TECH]  ||   frnog-t...@frnog.org |
  |----------------------------------------||------------------------|
  | System / FLOSS and/or |        [MISC]  ||   frnog-m...@frnog.org |
  |  philosophical Topics |                ||                        |
  |----------------------------------------||------------------------|
  |     sys & network job |        [JOBS]  ||   frnog-j...@frnog.org |
  |        search & offer |                ||                        |
  |----------------------------------------||------------------------|
  |             Sales Q&A |         [BIZ]  ||    frnog-...@frnog.org |
  |           Unsolicited |                ||                        |
  | offer or announcement |                ||                        |
  | is strictly forbidden |                ||                        |

When you send to a frnog-*@ e-mail address, the tag is automatically inserted
in the Subject."

Not perfect, but this allows redirecting some threads to the relevant "Tag",
and not ennoy people with discussions that they're not interesting in.

Cheers,

--
Nico