I think you are running the script properly. I ran the same command right
now  and got the expected result :

ukko(12): perl query-umls-similarity-webinterface.pl --url
http://maraca.d.umn.edu hand skull
Default Settings:
  --measure path
  --sab MSH
  --rel PAR/CHD
User Settings:
  --set http://maraca.d.umn.edu

0.1111<>hand(C0018563)<>skull(C0037303)

There was a brief restart of maraca yesterday, so I suppose it's possible
you submitted this during that. Could you try again and see what happens?
Also, you can also send these queries to http://atlas.ahc.umn.edu

ukko(31): perl query-umls-similarity-webinterface.pl --url
http://atlas.ahc.umn.edu hand skull
  --measure path
  --sab MSH
  --rel PAR/CHD