Am Donnerstag, den 23.08.2007, 14:19 +0200 schrieb Juan Jose Pablos:
> Mario Gzuk escribió:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 22.08.2007, 20:06 +0200 schrieb Juan Jose Pablos:
> >> any thoughts?
> >
> > Hi,
> > what is the output of the edd-module? This should be a message during
> > the boot process which tells you the number of the sektors/heads from
> > your hard disk.
> both cases (1.6.22 and 1.8.8) are giving the same information:
>
> 255 heads and 63 sectors

Just take a look into the fat partition if there is the same count for
the heads in byte 27/28. You can do that in the following way:

dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/tmp/heads.bb bs=1 skip=26 count=2
hexdump -C /tmp/heads.bb

If the ntldr is realy in the fat partition then it might be that the
boot code from the fatpartition get an other head-count for that....
So maybe you can provide more information about the system?
* Chipset (lspci -vvv might be helpful)
* Harddisk (Type sata/ide/scsi?)
* Biossettings if this is a sata system

It is also possible that the edd module returns after the first time 255
heads and after crating the partitions (reboot again into the linux-env)
another value.... We had this a long time ago, but I cant remember the
systems...

greetz mario