For Patrick and anyone who's hit this: I think that the credentials placed
in c:\netinst\tempcred.bat shouldn't be quoted.  It causes (Win2K at least)
to think that the previously empty string is, in fact, a pair of double
quotes ("").  It annoys the crap out of net use, because you set your Z_USER
to "", and then mapznrun thinks "hmm, I'll assume that it's an empty user we
want, rather than a guest account", so we end up specifying /user:"" to net
use, which proceeds to shit itself.

I don't know if not having quotes in tempcred will annoy the batch files
when there's a user specified, but an empty user results in all sorts of
problems.

- Matt