I see the problem now....

The web page that has the button where I can start the scan must be using an activeX control or something. I have Firefox 1.0 on this machine, so the button isn't even active.

The web page says that the tool runs immediately on download, scans for problems, then deletes itself. Since I installed the updates on shutdown, I don't know if it even ran. I certainly don't remember seeing a dialog about "no problems found". How can it run if the machine is shutting down?

I think I'll file this tool under "Good idea gone horribly wrong".

Paul Baumgardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

01/17/2005 01:14 PM
Please respond to Paul Baumgardner