On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 05:04:16PM +0200, Regis Gras enlightened us:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
>

> >>I wish to fix the mount cif problem
> >>You said <<    I fixed this by including an /etc/hosts file on
> >>                      my boot disk that lists the proper IP for
> >>ntinstall.>>
> >>How did you do that ?
> >>I suppose that the problem is the same with the boot CD and with the Pxe
> >>boot
> >>
> >>RĂ©gis
> >>

> >With the attached patch. Just put a hosts file in linuxboot/misc/ and it
> >will be copied to the boot disk (likewise the ramdisk for pxe boot).
> >
> >Matt
> >

> I am sorry, but I do'nt understand the use of pach
> I tried to copy your file in my cvs directory and execute the command
>
> patch -p0 < ../unattend_hosts.diff
> can't find file to patch at input line 8
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?

Try -p0 from the linuxboot directory. Or if you're comfortable, just read
the patch - you only have to add a couple of things in.

> It is sufficient to write a file etc/hosts in linuxboot/misc   ??

The file should just be linuxboot/misc/hosts, but you need my patch to get
that file into stage1 so that it's copied to the boot media. Maybe if we ask
nicely, Juan Jose will commit the change into CVS :-)

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics