Hi again ! Jason, thanks for your help, I've successfully compiled
unattended on gentoo, and my dell vostro 430 with BCM57780 nic has managed
to start and find the network.

But, i had some trouble to do it, so i though i'd better share:

Jason, you told to use
CFLAGS="-march=i486" make

well that didn't work for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I had to edit
the Makefile in the unattended/linuxboot and change in the glibc section:
-march=i386 by i486

another thing, i had to emerge some tools:

emerge sys-fs/mtools
# for mcopy
emerge app-cdr/cdrtools
# for mkisofs

I hope this will help !

Anyway thanks again for this great tool !

2010/11/16 Jason Oster <jason.os...@campnavajo.com>

> On 11/16/2010 08:06 AM, david Vandergucht wrote:
>

>> Hi guys !
>>
>> well, i too have trouble compiling unattended in order to solve my
>> little BCM57780 problem.
>>

> There is another thread related to BCM57780:
>

> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=AANLkTimDfa4Hh6a9QyNHnpnLwBnCmAR9D%2BCzYCyUsJfe%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=unattended-info
>

>  it seems that it fails while compiling glibc.
>>

> That can't be good! :P  Unfortunately, I do not have experience with
> Gentoo, especially compiling the Unattended linuxboot under Gentoo...
>

>  I'm compiling under gentoo 64, my kernell is 2.6.34-gentoo-r12 . Anyone
>> ? idea ? Btw, loading the gentoo live cd (kernell 2.6.34) on this
>> BCM57780 machine fail to find the nic, but doing the following solve the
>> problem:
>> rmmod tg3
>> modprobe broadcom
>> modprobe tg3
>>

> That's interesting to note, but the actual bug was fixed in Linux 2.6.35.
>

>  Anyway, here is the error at compilation:
>>
>> /usr/local/data/unattended/linuxboot/build-glibc-2.11.1/libc_pic.os: In
>> function `__fork':
>> (.text+0x81a75): undefined reference to `__sync_bool_compare_and_swap_4'
>>

> Google says the -march=i486 CFLAG is needed to fix this.  Try running make
> within the linuxboot directory like this:
>
> CFLAGS="-march=i486" make

David Vandergucht
Studio Hari
Cour de Mai, Passage du cheval blanc