Le 30/01/2012 13:49, tovis a écrit :

>>> Thanks Juanjo for reply!
>>> I have downloaded from here
>>> http://www.siliconimage.com/support/searchresults.aspx?pid=28&cat=3&os=4
>>> this
>>> SiI3114 non-RAID 32-bit Windows Driver      4/10/2008       1.3.11.0
>>>
>>> At first time, as I have realized later, I have some silly syntax error,
>>> now I have really problem how to define the path correctly, I have
>>> tested:
>>> 1.
>>> [Disks]
>>> disk1 = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Driver Installation
>>> Disk",\si3114.sys,""
>>> Error message was, something like this (I need to translate from
>>> Hungarian)
>>> "Inappropriate or missing file types in section:"
>>> Files.SCSI.Si3114_XP
>>>
>>> 2.
>>> [Disks]
>>> disk1 = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Driver Installation
>>> Disk",\si3114.sys,.
>>> "Can not get file:" \$WIN_NT$.~BT\$OEM$\.\si3114.sys
>>>
>>> 3.
>>> [Disks]
>>> disk1 = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Driver Installation
>>> Disk",si3114.sys,""   - here is a space
>>> Error message was, something like this (I need to translate from
>>> Hungarian)
>>> "Inappropriate or missing file types in section:"
>>> Files.SCSI.Si3114_XP
>>>
>>> 4.
>>> [Disks]
>>> disk1 = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Driver Installation
>>> Disk",\si3114.sys," "
>>> "Can not get file:" \$WIN_NT$.~BT\$OEM$\ \si3114.sys
>>>
>>> 5.
>>> [Disks]
>>> disk1 = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Driver Installation
>>> Disk",si3114.sys,
>>> Syntactical error at 11 row ...
>>>
>>> I have no more ideas :(
>>> Any help?
>>
>> 6. According to TXTSETUP.OEM for Intel ICH10, the "right" syntxax must be:
>> [Disks]
>> ; disk1 = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Driver Installation
>> Disk",\si3114.sys,\
>> disk1 = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Driver Installation Disk",
>> si3114.sys, \
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Pierre.
>>

> Hi Pierre!
> I'm not sure about your suggestion, there are spaces? Such like this:
> ...Installation Disk", si3114.sys, \

I don't think that space(s) can be a problem.
Intel ICH10 driver is working with a TXTSETUP.OEM file containing:

[Disks]
disk1 = "Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver", iaStor.sys, \

> "File coming from manufacturer is damaged or not valid.
> Inappropriate or missing file types are given in section:
> Files.SCSI.Si3114_XP."

I think the TXTSETUP.OEM provided by SIS is weird:

[Files.SCSI.Si3114_XP]
driver = disk1,si3114.sys, Si3114
driver = disk1,SiWinAcc.sys, SiFilter

=> 2 "driver" entry ? rather strange

According to "TxtSetup.oem File Format " from Microsoft:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553509%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
an especially about [Files.<HwComponent>.<ID>]
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff544919%28v=vs.85%29.aspx)

both sections "[Config.Si3114]" and "[Config.SiFilter]" should exist ...
but the second does not exist.

> I simply out of ideas - I have tried driver, using CD and floppy and itr
> works fine.

Can you try the following in TXTSETUP.OEM ?
(I'll send you the modified TXTSETUP.OEM offlist)

[Disks]
; on 1 line
disk1 = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Driver Installation Disk",
si3114.sys, \

[Files.SCSI.Si3114_XP]
driver = disk1,si3114.sys, Si3114
;driver = disk1,SiWinAcc.sys, SiFilter

> What I can suspect ...
> I'm using Debian Squeeze with UTF8 locale for American English for
> "deployment" server, but samba using "dos charset = cp852" for my
> Hungarian XP boxes.

TXTSETUP.OEM file using ASCII (al)most of time.

> Driver file names are contain upper- and lowercase letters mixup - for
> example "TxtSetup.oem".

not relevant.

> Remark: I was excluded pnp drivers, from drivers cache file, do I need to
> do it?

I don't think so.

regards - Pierre